Monday, August 3, 2009

First Day Jitters

I thought this year my stomach wouldn't flip as much the night before the first day of school, but I was wrong. I am just as nervous as last year, my first year.

Because of redistricting, this year my school has around 115 more students than last year. The new students will add to our school's culture in ways that are scary and exciting. Thirteen of these students are refugees from Burma (more info later). My school is predominantly white, middle class, country kids. It is definitely going to be interesting, that is for sure. I know we will continue to be a great school where children are safe, happy, and thriving. All the change just makes me anxious.

Please pray for all of the students who are starting school tomorrow. Whether they are at their same old familiar school or a completely new one. Whether they speak English or Spanish or Burmese. Please pray for their teachers. Pray that they will love first and teach second. Pray for all of the administrators, secretaries, and counselors as they work to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be.

Just Pray.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! So I haven't been remembering to keep up with your blog... I need to get that GoogleReader working for me! But hey, you should totally join me in doing the 5k! I'm trying to talk Amanda Borders to do it as well so it would be super fun!
    PS- I think we need a roomie game night soon???

    ReplyDelete