Sunday, January 3, 2010

Books Read 2010

I needed somewhere to keep up with all of the books that I have read/will read this year. I don't really have a personal goal since I have no idea what to expect out of this year. After all, I will have a newborn in six months! But I figured here is a good a place as any. And maybe I will even have some accountability if I post the list for others to see.

At a Glance Totals:
Nancy Drew - 5
Memoir - 3
YA/JuvFic - 24
Adult Mystery - 1
Adult Misc - 2
NonFic Family - 3
NonFic Faith - 1
Teaching - 1
Total* - 34
*Some books fit into more than one category.
Jan - 6
Feb - 6
Mar - 7
Apr - 7
May - 3
June - 1
July - 0
August - 1
September - 2
October - 1

January- Thanks to all of the snow days, I have been able to start the year off with a lot of reading!

1.) Nancy Drew 1 - The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene (01/03)

2.) Nancy Drew 2 - The Hidden Staircase by Carolyn Keene (01/06)

3.) American on Purpose by Craig Ferguson (01/11)

4.) Blubber by Judy Blume (01/16) -audiobook

5.) How Starbucks Saved My Life: A Son of Privilege Learns to Live Like Everyone Else by Michael Gates Gill (01/22) - audiobook

6.) The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie (01/29)

February - more snow days for reading - good now, not so good in June : ) also, my husband had his gallbladder removed. this meant an entire day spent waiting in the hospital and many more quiet days to follow while he recoops at home.

7.) On Becoming BabyWise by Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam (02/01)

8.) Nancy Drew 3 - The Bungalow Mystery by Carolyn Keene (02/02)

9.) Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne (02/05)

10.) Front of the Class: How Tourette's Syndrome Made Me the Teacher I Never Had by Brad Cohen (02/08)

11.) The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (02/15)

12.) Nancy Drew 9 - The Sign of the Twisted Candles by Carolyn Keene (02/16)

March - When the weather starts to get warmer, I start to read a little less. That is, until it gets too hot to do anything outside! Then my reading usually picks back up again. But until then, I will just use all those rainy days to get some reading done : )

13.) Julia and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell (03/06)

14.) How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (03/10)

15.) The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game by Michael Lewis (03/25)

16.) Nancy Drew 5 - The Secret of Shadow Ranch by Carolyn Keene (03/28)

17.) Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (03/30)

18.) Joyful Noise: Poems for Two Voices by Paul Fleischman (03/31)

19.) A Journey to William Blake's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers by Nancy Willard (03/31)

April - Spring Break!! However, I do have big plans to do a lot of cleaning and school work, so I may or may not get any more reading done than usual : /

20.) Baby Laughs: The Naked Truth About the First Year of Mommyhood by Jenny McCarthy (04/04)

21.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (04/08)

22.) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (04/13)

23.) Get Out of That Pit by Beth Moore (04/15)

24.) Good Masters! Sweet Ladies! Voices from a Medieval Village by Laura Amy Schlitz (04/15)

25.) Number the Stars by Lois Lowry (04/22)

26.) The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman (04/30)

May - The end of the school year is always crazy and leaves very little time to read!

27.) The Titan's Curse by Rick Riorday (05/09)

28.) The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan (05/18)

29.) The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (05/28)

June - Um, I did have a baby this month. All spare time was spent sleeping!

30.) The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp (06/07)

July - See June : )

August - I am finally starting to feel human again! School has started and it actually feels good to be back in the swing of things again!

31.) The Second Short Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer (08/19)

September

32.) Mockinjay by Suzanne Collins

33.) Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar

October

34.) The Alchemist: Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel by Michael Scott (10/30)

Novemeber

December

35.) On Becoming Babywise: Book II Gary Ezzo and Robert Bucknam (12/30)



1 comment:

  1. you have me craving to read these nancy drew books so bad! but i know if I start I will not stop and then all the other books I want to read this year will just keep sitting there unread... dilemmas! ha

    ReplyDelete