Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Borland Update - 31 Weeks

I cannot believe I am 31 weeks along!! Jacob is due 2 months from today! That is so crazy! He could be hear anytime from 7-10 weeks from now!

I am starting to feel that third-semester tiredness. I feel a little sluggish during the day and at night I am usually conked out on the couch by 9:30. My belly is also getting in my way a lot more! Jacob moves a lot and can even nudge me in weird and uncomfortable ways. His favorite place to do this is church, I guess because I am still for so long and in a sitting position. All throughout the sermon Sunday he entertained himself by kneeing his momma in the ribs

Operation Get-Ready-for-Baby is in full swing around Apartment 17. In fact, we just finished a weekend FULL of baby stuff. And this was just a taste of the things to come as our next few weekends are booked with showers and more fun baby stuff.

Saturday we took a four hour birthing class at the hospital. I was really kinda nervous about it! I thought they would make me watch a bunch of horrible videos that I did NOT want to watch and make me feel like a big baby for being scared of labor. Praise the Lord this was not the case at all! The lady who taught the class was really laid back and super sweet. We did watch a few videos and while some did get a little bit graphic, they were nothing compared to the full on birth videos I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, I know I have to go through it, but that doesn't mean I want to watch it happening. I thought I would leave the class scared out of my mind, but I actually felt a little bit better about the whole idea when I left. I mean, my body and the baby's body were actually made to do this. And it's gonna happen one way or the other whether I like it or not, so there's really no point in worrying about it any more than necessary. We also had to practice breathing and relaxation techniques. I have the best husband in the world and I would not trade him in for anyone or anything, but let's just say that breathing and relaxation techniques are not his forte.

After our birthing class, we (and by we, I definitely do not mean ME) hauled the baby's dresser over to Jeff's parents' house to work on. Jeff and his dad sanded it down and got it all ready to be primed and painted. Jeff and I went to Lowes and picked out colors. Who knew there were so many shades of red and off-white?? We went with "Quite Red" and "Quail Egg." Sunday the Borland Men primed and painted. It looks great so far, but will need a second coat this weekend and then probably a finish of some kind. Jacob is going to have the best looking dresser around! Pictures to come once it is completely finished!

In between putting the coats on the dresser, Jeff and I went to an Expectant Parent Fair at the hospital. The main reason we wanted to go was because we were supposed to be allowed to tour through labor and delivery and meet some of the staff. Needless to say, we didn't get to. Labor and Delivery, as well as the rooms you recover in after, were all FULL! So no tours for us. We did go around to a lot of tables and pick up some freebies and a lot of information. Hopefully some of it will prove useful. If not, the event will have turned out to be a complete waste of time for us. : /

Monday I had my 31 week appointment. Because my regular doctor had to cancel, I got to meet one of the other doctors in the practice. This was nice since if he is on call, he may be the one that actually delivers our baby. Jacob's heartbeat was solid and strong as ever. : ) My blood pressure was even down from 3 weeks ago! I guess abandoning the salt shaker was good for me after all. I will go back in two weeks this time, at 33 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment