Monday, April 12, 2010

The War is (Still) On

I posted here about my Spring Break Battle Plan to get my whole house clean. Needless to say... it didn't happen. I did get a lot of work done, though, even if it was not as much as I wanted. Here are some things I did get done:
  • A LOT of laundry

  • A LOT of clothes sorted to donate to Hope House

  • All of my clothes out of the baby's room

  • All of my books out of the baby's room

  • Our bedroom cleaned

  • The laundry closet clean/organized

  • The living room and kitchen straightened

I do plan on finishing up the rest of my battle plan. Slowly, but surely I will get it all done. I found my biggest problem was that I had to keep resting because I got pretty tired and my back would start to ache. I think stopping for plenty of rest is acceptable - I am 30 weeks pregnant now!



Also taken care of on my break - a lot of work to my poor Jetta!

The week before Spring Break, my car started doing this thing where it would periodically die on me at stoplights. I knew it was something to get taken care of, but I wasn't that worried about it because it always restarted and some days it wouldn't even do it at all! But then, it died on me while driving down the road! Luckily I was on my way to meet Jeff somewhere so he was able to come and get me.

To make a long story short, my car was towed to one place and then driven to two others over the span of four days to have the following done:
  • oil added

  • oil pan screw replaced

  • oil changed

  • sensor on crank shaft replaced

  • lug stud replaced

  • new tire

There are still a few more things that need to be taken care of, but they are going to have to wait! At least my car was able to make the trip to see my beautiful new nephew! But that's a whole other post...

No comments:

Post a Comment